How to Apply for Funding
Community Grant Application
Thank you for your interest in the Komen Idaho Montana Affiliate grants program. The 2019/2020 Community Grants RFA is linked below. Applications are due January 10th, 2019 at 1pm MST.2019-2020 RFA GeMS User Guide Application Job Aide
Community Needs and Funding Priorities
For the 2019-2020 grant year, Komen projects will be funded in an effort to meet the needs of the Affiliate’s service areas as identified in the Community Profile.
- Idaho Community Profile >
- Idaho Executive Summary >
- Montana Community Profile >
- Montana Executive Summary >
Statement of Need
Komen Idaho Montana will award community grants to organizations that will provide breast health and breast cancer projects that address funding priorities, which were selected based on data from the 2015 Komen Idaho and Montana Community Profile Reports.
Breast Cancer Screenings and Diagnostics
- Delivery of free and/or reduced screening and diagnostic mammography services to under-insured, uninsured, and low-income populations (men and women). Priority funding will be provided to evidence-based programs that include community education about the importance of early detection and breast self-awareness.
Reducing Barriers to Care/Treatment Assistance
- Evidence-based projects that reduce barriers to quality breast cancer care experienced by uninsured and under-insured individuals.Komen Idaho Montana seeks to fund projects that provide no cost or low-cost transportation, interpreter services, childcare/eldercare, financial assistance for daily living expenses or medical treatment assistance for those receiving breast cancer treatment.
Breast Cancer Education
- Projects that provide evidence-based and culturally relevant breast cancer education in one-on-one and group settings. Projects must be designed to result in documented age-appropriate, breast cancer action (e.g., getting a screening mammogram, obtaining recommended follow-up after an abnormal mammogram).Breast cancer education projects should include Komen’s breast self-awareness messages, if appropriate, based on the need, audience and purpose of the educational project.Projects must provide evidence of linkage to local breast cancer services and include follow up with participants. Health fairs and mass media campaigns are not evidence-based interventions and will not be accepted.
For further information or questions, please contact Emily Richards at erichards@KomenIdahoMontana.org or 208-384-0013.